360° panorama courtesy of www.maltain360.comThe Għajn Tuffieħa Tower is a fortification that stands on the cliffs overlooking the shore at Għajn Tuffieħa Bay on the north west coast of Malta.
This tower was built by Juan Baptiste de Lascaris de Castellar, the Grandmaster from 1636-1657. It formed part of the defensive network of watch and communication towers built by Grandmasters Lascaris, Alof de Wignacourt and Martin de Redin. The tower is two storeys high with a flat roof and parapet. It was equipped with a half pounder gun and garrisoned by four men.
The Għajn Tuffieħa Tower was restored by Fondazzjoni Wirt Artna